We LOVE brownies here at the Wink office. Unfortunately, amidst all the allergies and fear of contamination, we stay far away. Well, Mrs. Wink started tinkering in the kitchen again and thought that maybe, just maybe, black beans could act similarly to flour and create some delectable brownies. She gave it a shot, and the whole team loved them!
Brownies a la mode (well... anything a la mode) is just so perfect after a long day working and a great dinner.
Serve these up at your next dinner party to really impress your guests, and not send them home feeling heavy from traditional brownies. These ended up being fudgey and indulgent without the guilt. Enjoy friends!
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Make 2 flax eggs - mix the ground flax with water and let sit to create the vegan "egg"
- Drain and rinse your beans very well
- Add in all other ingredients, including the flax eggs, into an food processor and pulse very well. Let the processor do the work for you!
- Spray a baking pan with coconut oil spray and pour the mixture from the food processor into the pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool before slicing up and serving "a la mode" with a scoop of Cinnamon Bun Wink
Serving Size: 1 brownie + 1 scoop Wink. Makes 10 brownies
Calories - 188
Fat - 5.9g
Carbs - 28.2g
Fiber - 9.6g
Sugar - 9.7g
Protein - 7.6g