One of our favorite things about sweet, sweet summertime is all the gorgeous fresh produce and veggies available! We LOVE experimenting with all the delicious flavors available.
It just so happens that July 11th is National Blueberry Muffin Day, and we found a good amount of extra blueberries in the fridge. What a great excuse to make some muffins! Not just any muffins - we made MINI MUFFINS! Everyone knows those are an absolute show-stopper and must be made and consumed as quickly as possible.
These guys are sugar-free, low in carbs, and have good-for-you ingredients that won't make you feel guilty for enjoying them for breakfast! In general, this is a great muffin base. You can add any mix-ins you want - chocolate, nuts, raspberries, strawberries, you get the idea!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a mini-muffin tin with nonstick spray
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking sod, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, egg, vanilla, and stevia.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. The batter will look a little runny, but not totally wet.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. At this stage, you can also add dark chocolate, nuts, or any other mix-in you want!
- Spoon into your muffin tin, and bake for 30 minutes
- Serve with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Wink!
Serving Size - 1 mini muffin with 1 scoop Wink. Recipe makes 10 mini muffins, or 6 regular sized muffins
Calories - 155
Fat - 12.4g
Carbs - 9.6g
Fiber - 6.2g
Sugar - 1.5g
Protein - 5.4g