Even though most of our recipes have been using and abusing #pumpkinspice, we wanted to continue the fall-themed trend and make something with Carrot Cake. How about Carrot Cake Cupcakes? These cupcakes are vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto! We LOVE the keto trend around here.
These cupcakes are super duper moist and decadent. They'd be equally as great as mini-cupcakes, served at breakfast with a strong cup of (Pumpkin Spice) coffee.
Let us know what you think if you try these out at home!
- 3 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Sprinkle salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- First, make the chia eggs - combine 3 tablespoons ground chia seeds with 7 tablespoons of water, and let set. Set aside.
- Add all the dry ingredients (the flours, baking soda, salt, and stevia) into a food processor, and pulse until combined.
- Then, add in all the chia egg, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract and process until fully combined. The batter will be super thick!
- Dumb the batter into a large bowl and add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, carrot, and chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- In a lined cupcake tin, scoop batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, make the frosting by putting all the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blending until smooth!
PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
- Once the cupcakes are finished, let cool and then frost with Pumpkin frosting. Serve with a couple scoops of Wink (duh).
Serving size - 1 cupcake + 1 scoop Wink. Makes 12 cupcakes
Calories - 210
Fat - 16.1g
Carbs - 13.9g
Fiber - 8.3g
Sugar - 2.1g
Protein - 7g