One of our most popular blog posts has been this post about making perfect parfaits using some of our favorite diary-free sugar-free yogurt alternatives. Well, instead of going out to purchase a yogurt to make a parfait, why not make one using chia seed pudding?
Chia pudding is SO simple to make yourself at home. To make this pudding, I used my own homemade almond milk to really make sure that I wasn't having anything store-bought.
This is a great make-ahead breakfast or snack to whip up on the weekend. Double the recipe and prep your breakfasts for the week! It's like a lower-carb version of overnight oats.
Here's how to make it yourself!
- 1 cup non-dairy milk - I used homemade almond milk
- 4 tablespoons whole chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- In a mason jar, add in all the ingredients and shake, shake, shake!!
- Put in the fridge for about 10 minutes, coming back to shake it every minute so the chia seeds don't settle and make an awkward gel at the bottom. Speaking from experience...
- To make the chia parfait, portion out 1/2 of this serving and top with whatever you want! I topped this one with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and my homemade Pumpkin Spice granola.
Recipe makes 2 servings of Chia seed pudding
Calories - 135
Fat - 7.2g
Carbs - 10.5g
Fiber - 10.5g
Sugar - 0.0g
Protein - 6.5g