What to say about these donuts...They're flipping incredible. Gabe and I ate them for breakfast each day after we made them. Let me tell you, having a healthy chocolate donut for breakfast with a cup of coffee while watching the sunrise is not only super Instagram-worthy, but is so blissful that you forget to whip out the phone and take that Insta pic.
That's all I can really think of to say about these donuts. Just go make 'em ;)
For the donuts:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 scoop Dark Chocolate Wink
- First - preheat your oven to 350F.
- For the frosting, you'll need some soaked cashews! If you didn't soak your cashews the night before, pour some boiling water over them and let them sit in boiling water for at least an hour.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients for the donut - almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, stevia, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, wisk together the wet ingredients for the donut - eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract
- Mix the wet and dry together, making sure to mix very well!
- Pour the batter, which will be thick, into a donut pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, make the frosting! Pour the cashews and Dark Chocolate Wink into a blender, and blitz, blitz, blitz!
- When the donuts are done, let them cool for at least an hour. Once totally cool, dip into the frosting! Enjoy with a few pints of Iced Latte for a complete "breakfast."
Serving Size - 1 donut (recipe makes 6) with 1 scoop Iced Latte Wink
Calories - 194
Fat - 12.9g
Carbs - 14.6g
Fiber - 8.8g
Sugar - 0.7g
Protein - 8.4g