Mayday! Mayday! It’s the end of summer, and we still have a too much fruit in our fridge! The solution to this catastrophe is obvious – KETO MUFFINS!!
Okay, maybe that’s not exactly what went through my mind when we made these muffins, but let’s pretend.
First off, before you start trolling me, yes, I know berries contain sugar. BUT. Did you know 1 strawberry has less than 1g of sugar? Or that a raspberry has 0.1g of sugar? In fact, if you're in ketosis, berries are definitely safe to fit into your carb alottment, so long as you keep them in check.
These muffins are dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, and keto-friendly. They’re really great to make in the beginning of the week to have on-hand as on-the-go breakfast, and pair wonderfully with the fruity flavors of our newest flavor, Strawberry!!
Without further ado, here’s how you make these morsels!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh or frozen berries
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Mix all the ingredients except the berries in a large bowl, making sure to mix well.
- Slowly fold in berries, making sure not to burst any! You can use fresh or frozen berries for this recipe
- Place muffin cups into your muffin tin, or spray a silicon muffin pan with coconut oil. Scoop the batter in.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on the ovens.
- Let cool and pair with Wink Strawberry!!
Serving size – 1 muffin (recipe makes 8) with 1 scoop Strawberry Wink Frozen Desserts
Calories – 127
Fat – 8.2g
Carbs – 8.2g
Fiber – 2.7g
Sugar – 1.2g
Protein – 6.6g