Welcome back to the Wink blog! So, after reading our most recent blog posts about eating dairy-free, mainly vegan, and ketogenic, are you ready to embark on this dietary journey?
Whether you’re choosing to cut animal products from your life, get into a keto-friendly diet, or are just interested in adding some zest to your kitchen, here are our every day pantry staples:
Dairy-Free Butters and Oils
- Coconut oil – for baking, sautéing. can be used for more than just cooking, e.g. oil pulling, makeup remover, moisturizer, hair mask
- Avocado oil – for cooking, sautéing, roasting
- Olive Oil – for dressings, not cooking (heating olive oil isn't so hot for your health - pun intended)
Snacking Keto, Vegan, and Gluten Free.
- Almonds – great for making almond milk, using pulp for recipes that call for almond flour
- Hazelnuts – dairy free chocolate hazelnut spread
- Peanuts – Asian flavor to stir-fries & fried rice
- Walnuts – great for making mock “meat” (i.e. walnut tacos)
- Pecans - pairs well with cinnamon bun and caramel candy apple Wink
- Pepitas – love this for dressing up parfaits and granola!
- Shredded coconut - just top it on anything chocolatey, nutty, or Wink
Nut Butters and Spreads:
- Almond Butter
- Cashew Butter – great for making cookies and our Vegan-Proof coffee
- Peanut butter – unfortunately, we have to keep both smooth and chunky peanut butter around at all times. I’m a huge smooth PB fan, and hubby loves them chunks!
- Low-sugar Jam – “guilty” pleasure
- Wink Frozen Desserts – melt it down and use as a frosting. Cake batter recommended
Baking Keto, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Tapioca Starch – used sparingly in recipes that call for it
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Stevia – so good!
- Nutritional Yeast - gives great "cheesey" flavor with a nutritional benefit!
- Salt (duh)
- Pepper (…. Duh again)
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- Fabanaise (vegan mayo made from chickpea water, dynamite stuff)
Other Vegan Hypoallergenic Pantry Essentials
- Tahini – so necessary!!
- Almond-based yogurt (Kite Hill & Foragers for the win!)
- Almond-based cheese (Chao is our fave)
- Pesto – either store-bought (love this brand) or make-it-yourself
- Earth Balance – since hubby is dairy-free (ahem, allergies, ahem), we don’t use butter or ghee. Instead, we like coconut-oil based organic Earth Balance.
- Simple Mills crackers – so good!
- Roasted Chickpeas!
- Dark Chocolate - NECESSARY. Gabe really loves this 88% Dark Chocolate
What's on your pantry list?
Let us know in the comments section!