Maybe it was the massive amount of carrots Gabe brought back to the office one day; maybe it was the insane craving we were suddenly experiencing for baked goods that felt naughty but were actually nice; maybe it was none of these things and we just felt like creating something fun.
Regardless of the inspiration, we created a delicious, fun, GORGEOUS carrot cake filled with walnuts, raisins, and beautiful shredded carrot.
You can certainly make this even more Keto-friendly by omitting the raisins. For us, however, they really added a lot of traditional carrot cake flavor and were totally worth it!
Please let us know if you try it! Here we goooo....
For the cake:
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Extra whole walnuts for decoration
- 1/3 cup raisins
For the frosting:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease two 9 inch cake pans with coconut oil
- In a large bowl, sift together the almond & coconut flours, baking soda & powder, stevia, salt, and all the spices.
- In another (preferably also large) bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients into the flours. Once everything is well incorporated, mix in the carrot, walnuts, and raisins.
- Spread half the batter into each cake pan and bake for 23-25 minutes. Let cool completely!
- While the cakes are cooling, make the frosting:
- Combine all ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and process thoroughly, adding more almond milk if necessary.
- Once the cakes are totally cooled, put the Carrot Cake together
- Spread half the frosting on top of one of the cakes, and decorate with whole almonds. Top with the other cake, spread the remaining frosting, and decorate the rim with more walnuts.
- Enjoy with 1 scoop Salted Caramel Wink!
Serving Size - 1 slice of cake, with 1 scoop Wink.
Servings per recipe: 16 slices
Calories - 250
Fat - 19.4g
Carbs - 13.0g
Fiber - 3.5g
Sugar - 1.2g
Protein - 8.3g