We know what everyone's thinking - "2017 already!?!" Well, we are too excited for this new year with endless possibilities, 365 days to enjoy, and lots of food to eat.
To ring in the new year, decided to create the ultimate super-healthy, plant based protein smoothie. The Cake Batter base is a great way to add flavor and texture with little calories and zero sugar. The protein is obviously necessary after your intense sesh at the gym, and the other items thrown in there are just good-for-you extras. Mrs. Wink has one of these every single day after the gym!
- Cake Batter
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flaxmeal
- 2 scoops (about 1/4 cup) natural, unflavored pea protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon BCAAs (OPTIONAL - great for post-workout!!)
- 1 cup almond milk - we used homemade, use whatever you'd prefer!
- Plop everything into a blender, and blitz away! Enjoy right after working your beautiful muscles.
Calories - 244
Fat - 9.4g
Carbs - 11.7g
Fiber - 8.1g (!!!)
Sugar - 0.2g (!!!)
Protein - 22.0g (!!!)