Even for those of us that are young at heart, oatmeal cookies may not sound like the most enticing dessert. Mrs. Wink is obsessed with them though, mainly because it feels like you're doing something good for your body while you're actually getting a sweet treat. Sounds a lot like eating a whole pint of Wink....
Check out our favorite recipe for oatmeal cookies!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Make flax egg: combine the ground flax and water, let sit to form the flax egg
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients
- In a mixer, beat the coconut oil and coconut sugar together until soft and fluffy.
- Add in the flax egg and vanilla, beat until well incorporated
- With a paddle attachment (or simply with a spatula), slowly add in the dry ingredients in 3 stages
- After the dough is well incorporated, mix in 1 cup of raisins (can also use dried cranberries, cherries, anything you'd like!)
- Form into 1-inch balls onto a greased cookie sheet or SILPAT sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool completely before serving with Cinnamon Bun Wink!
Serving size: 1 cookie + 1 scoop of Wink
Calories - 272
Fat - 10.7g
Carbs - 42.3g
Fiber - 4.8g
Sugar - 8.3g
Protein - 5.1g