So it's officially Pumpkin Spice Season... also known as autumn. While perusing Whole Foods the other day, I saw a plethora of Pumpkin Spice/Maple/Pecan/Autumnal treats. My mouth pretty much started watering immediately. One of these treats included a Pumpkin Spice paleo granola. I was moving to grab it, but then thought "I can probably make this myself, with less carbs/sugar, and it will be just as, if not more, delicious."
That night, instead of relaxing like a normal person, I went all granola crazy in the kitchen. By omitting the usual honey/maple syrup most granola recipes call for, and replacing oats with dried coconut and pepitas, this granola is super low in carbs but full of warming spices and flavor. Additionally, it's gluten-free, 100% vegan, and is naturally sugar-free!! It's also suitable for my ketogenic-obsessed husband.
I topped a few scoops of Vanilla Wink with this granola for a great fall treat. I also made a comforting parfait the next morning, using our favorite almond-milk based yogurt. This parfait, coupled with a cup of black coffee, made for the most amazing Sunday morning breakfast.
This makes nearly 3 cups of granola, so make sure you have friends to share it with... or not.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice - the secret ingredient!
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Dump the nuts, coconut, and seeds into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice and stevia, and make sure to mix well!
- Add in the coconut oil last, and mix well to make sure each nut is covered in the oil!
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss the granola, and then bake for an additional 2-4 minutes. Keep an eye on this to make sure the pecans don't burn!
Serving Size - 1/4 cup, makes 12 servings
Calories - 185
Fat - 17.3g
Carbs - 5.9g
Sugar - 1.0g
Fiber - 3.3g
Protein - 4.0g