After what seems like the longest Winter in years, and years, and years, Spring has finally arrived in a slow and tedious way. To speed up the process in our kitchen, we decided to make a coconut cake that will make anyone think we're basking in the warming sunshine that Spring brings.
This coconut cake is 100% keto-friendly and low-carb. One addition I'd highly recommend - adding in shredded coconut to the batter before baking - it would give this coconut cake a delicious toasted-coconut flavor!!
For the Cake:
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
For the Frosting:
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 1 large 9inch cake round with coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond and coconut flours, baking soda & powder, salt, and stevia.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until frothy. Then, beat in the vanilla & almond extracts and coconut oil.
- Once all the wet ingredients are well incorporated, mix the wet into the dry.
- Add in the shredded coconut after this, making sure to
- Spoon the cake into the greased cake round, flattening as you go.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting by beating together the frosting ingredients very well.
- Once the cake is done cooking (an inserted toothpick comes out totally clean), let the cake cool COMPLETELY. Then, frost with frosting, and top with Vanilla Bean Wink!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION -
Serving Size - 1/16th of the cake with 1 scoop Vanilla Bean Wink!
Calories - 235
Fat - 18.6g
Carbs - 10.9g
Fiber - 3.7g
Sugar - 2.2g
Protein - 8.4g