All of these obscure national holidays really serve a purpose when writing a foods blog - they're great inspiration for new recipes! July 9th marks the well-known National Sugar Cookie Day. If you're not celebrating, you're seriously missing out.
With this glorious holiday upon us, we had to recreate our favorite comforting cookie to be gluten-free and sugar-free! Check out the recipe below. Let us know if you try it out yourself!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia
- 1 and 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat (our favorite).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, extracts, and stevia.
- Right into that same bowl, add in the remaining ingredients and mix well. It should result in quite a thick dough
- Roll the dough into small balls, and then flatten between your palms to make your desired sugar cookie shape.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Enjoy with a scoop of Lemon Cake Wink!
Serving Size - 1 cookie with 1 scoop of Lemon Cake Wink. Recipe makes 12 cookies
Calories - 158
Fat - 12.6g
Carbs - 8.5g
Fiber - 5.9g
Sugar - 1.6g
Protein - 5.6g