This pumpkin pie recipe is the ONLY dessert recipe you'll need this year. It's full of good fats from the sunflower seeds and shredded coconut, and tons of fiber from the natural pumpkin and oats. We feel so good about serving this to our family this holiday season.
For the crust:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
For the filling:
- 1.5 cans natural, organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pulse a few times to combine, making sure the mixture isn't too small/gritty
- Add in the coconut oil and maple syrup. Pulse to combine. Mixture should be quite sticky
- Grease your favorite pie dish, and press the crust mixture into the pan
- Bake the crust for just about 10 minutes. While the crust is baking, make the filling
- In a blender, literally just dump in all the ingredients and puree until totally combined. You can add more maple syrup/coconut sugar for extra sweetness, but we loved how the flavor of the pumpkin really comes through in this filling.
- When the crust is done, pour the filling into the crust, and spread evenly
- Put the pie back into the oven for 50-60 minutes (I know, waiting is the hardest part). The center of the pie should feel very, very firm. Then, chill for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with your favorite scoop of Wink Frozen Desserts.
Serving Size - 1 slice of pie (cut into 12 slices) plus 1 scoop of Wink.
Calories - 250
Fat - 11.5g
Carbs - 31g
Fiber - 4.2g
Sugar - 13.1g
Protein - 5.6g