While at a friend's country house a couple of weekends ago, I made this apple crisp recipe, but with a few tweaks since we didn't have a lot of the ingredients on hand. It was a HUGE hit and everyone loved it. So, I wanted to recreate the recipe - this time, using pears! Pears are so classically fall-themed, and they're wonderful when they're baked to perfection.
- 4 cups chopped pears, about 10 medium-sized pears
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia total, divided in half
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F, grease a large baking dish with coconut oil spray.
- Chop up the pears into bite-sized pieces and put into a large mixing bowl. To the pears, add 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot starch, the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon stevia and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss well and set aside
- In a second large bowl, combine the oats, 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch, 1/4 teaspoon stevia, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and chopped nuts. Mix well to combine.
- To the oats, add in 1/2 cup melted coconut oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix very well, making sure that the oat mixture is coated in oil and is crumbly.
- In your greased baking dish, pour in the pear mixture, and spread evenly. Top the pears with the oat mixture, and top the pears as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with a scoop of (INSERT WINK FLAVOR).
Serving size - 1/16th of the crisp with 1 scoop Wink
Calories - 172
Fat - 10.3g
Carbs - 17.7g
Fiber - 3.3g
Sugar - 3.8g
Protein - 3.9g