Did you guys know that just a few of days ago, it was #nationalshortbreadday? We celebrated by making these honestly incredible shortbread cookies. They were so good, they were GONE by the next morning.
These shortbread cookies are brilliant to have with a cup of coffee in the morning, to have as a cheeky snack in the middle of the day, or as a dessert with a cup of strong tea. The latter will make you really embrace your inner Brit.
Here's the recipe! Enjoy, all!
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter (we used Miyoko's Creamery)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- small sprinkle salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a bowl, sift together your dry ingredients: the flours, baking powder, salt, and stevia extract
- In another large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and flavor extracts until the butter is totally smooth.
- Then, add in the flours until the entire mixture is well combined. We had to use our hands to really get in there and mix it all together :)
- Place the dough into plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden. This will make it easier to roll and handle
- Once the dough is slightly harder, roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper. Rolling it this way will help to ensure the dough doesn't stick to the rolling pin. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch in height
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out desired cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or onto a silpat mat
- Bake for 8 minutes, until the edges begin to brown ever so slightly.
- Serve with your favorite flavor of Wink Frozen Desserts!
Serving size - 1 cookie with 1 scoop of Wink. Recipe makes 30 cookies.
Calories - 68
Fat - 4.6g
Carbs - 6.2g
Fiber - 4.7g
Sugar - 0g
Protein - 2.7g