Last Fall, we brought you some delightful Apple Cider Donuts to enjoy with your apple-picking bounty! In honor of International Doughnut (Donut) Day this year, we wanted to bring you something a little different. Here's how we made our low-carb, keto-friendly donuts! The recipe for the batter is essentially the same as this birthday cake recipe, with some slight tweaks.
Low Carb Gluten Free Donuts
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons room temperature almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8th teaspoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a donut pan with coconut oil spray
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (the flours, baking soda, salt, and stevia).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. It's important to have the eggs and almond milk at room temperature so they don't cause the coconut oil to seize up.
- Mix the wet into the dry, and mix well. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour the batter into the donut pan, making sure that the entire space for each donut is filled to capacity.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, make the frosting by combining all ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and processing thoroughly, adding additional almond milk if necessary.
- Once the donuts are totally cooled, dip them into the frosting and decorate with a few sprinkles!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION - 1 donut with 1 scoop Strawberry Cheesecake Wink. Recipe makes 6 donuts.
Calories - 324
Fat - 24.8g
Carbs - 18.6g
Fiber - 9.5g
Sugar - 4g
Protein - 10.5g